The safe way to pay
Scuseme SafePay is our secure online payment service that ensures payment protection for our customers and tradespeople. Both customer and tradesperson can be confident that the money has been committed to the job, and that it will only be released when both sides are happy that the job is complete.
How does it work?
The steps below outline the process:
- You post a job on scuseme.
- You make a choice of tradesperson and accept their quote.
- You receive a payment request and make an online payment by debit card or bank transfer.
- Your payment is held securely in an escrow account while the job is being completed.
- The tradesperson completes the job and requests payment.
- You release the payment and the tradesperson receives it within 1 – 3 business days.
What payment methods can I use for Scuseme SafePay?
Scuseme SafePay only supports direct debit card payments and bank transfers through our secure payment facility.
Why should I use Scuseme SafePay?
- Scuseme SafePay gives you the guarantee of a fixed quote.
- Your payment is fully protected.
- You have the guarantee that your tradesperson will not get paid unless they deliver the job to your satisfaction.
- The tradesperson has confidence that they will get paid once they deliver the job to your satisfaction.
- You control when you release the payment to your tradesperson.
What other payment methods are available?
We also accept cheque and cash payments but there is no payment protection if you choose to pay this way. Simply select your chosen method of payment when you receive your payment request.
When should I make the payment?
Once you accept the quote from your tradesperson you will be asked to make a payment, at the start of the job. Your payment will then be held securely in an escrow account, fully protected. And on completion of the job you will be asked to release the payment to your tradesperson. Payment can be taken at the end of the job but you must agree this with your tradesperson.
How long does it take for my payment to be processed?
Card payments are processed within 24 hours, bank transfers take between 2 – 5 working days to process. A confirmation screen will be displayed, and you receive an email receipt. Your tradesperson will be notified of the payment via email. The payment is processed to your wallet and remains there until you are ready to release it on completion of the job.
After the job has started, I think the price should change. What should I do?
When you assign a job, you’re engaged in a contract directly with the tradesperson. Discuss with them any possible changes in price. If the price increases additional invoices can be added to the job or you can request a refund.
My job is cancelled. Where is my refund?
Provided you use Scuseme SafePay, if a tradesperson cancels the job, we will process your order as cancelled and arrange to refund your payment back to your bank account – see our Terms of Service.
How long does a refund take?
Once the payment has been processed back to your payment method, it will arrive back in your account in a maximum of 7-10 business days. This timeframe is dependent on processing times between our payment provider and your bank.
How do I get an invoice?
Since tradespeople are independent contractors, you’ll have to request a tax invoice from them. As the provider of the service, they should be able to get you one.
How to make an online card payment
- You receive your invoice by email, subject: “You have received a new invoice from … your Trader Name” from Scuseme <email@example.com> (add this email address to your safe contacts)
- Please pay invoice by ‘Clicking here’ and select ‘Add to basket’
- Select ‘Proceed to Payment’. Check the information is correct then click ‘Confirm and Proceed’
- Fill out your billing details (unless you are already logged in)
- Select your online payment option, pay by card, and then ‘Make Payment’ and enter your card details.
- Your payment sits in your wallet until you release it on completion of the job.
How to make an online bank transfer payment
- Follow steps 1 – 5 above and select pay by bank transfer.
- Then contact your own bank to make the bank transfer. You will need the Sort Code (the first 6 digits from the IBAN), the Account Number (the last 8 digits the IBAN) and the unique bank WIRE REFERENCE
An EXAMPLE of the information for your transfer: DO NOT COPY
NB: Remember bank transfer take between 2 – 5 working days to process.
How to release payment to the tradesperson
When the job is completed you must then release the payment to the tradesperson.
- Log into your scuseme account with your password.
- Go to your Dashboard and select Invoices and open the right order.
- Under Actions, select Mark Job Complete to release the payment to your tradesperson.
How do I use my dashboard?
Your dashboard is where you manage your scuseme account and pay your tradespeople. Log into your scuseme account with your secure password and from the dashboard you can change your address, password, email address, nationality and country you reside in.
If you have any troubles adding or updating your information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org