AGA owners, for most of the time, you are rewarded with incredible food, ambient warmth and a kitchen that is the heart and soul of your home. But any AGA owner knows they are wonderful until they breakdown. So, for our AGA owners in Cambridge here are six essentials ingredients to make sure your AGA is always ready to serve up a scrumptious feast.
1. Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your gas AGA.
2. Always check the engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card against their unique licence number, showing the type of work they are qualified to do.
3. Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm which will alert you to the presence of the poisonous gas carbon monoxide, produced by unsafe gas appliances.
4. Get your appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year, or in accordance with your manufacturer’s guidelines, by a Gas Safe registered engineer. How frequently does my AGA need to be service? Check our guide here
5. Use a local engineer who has a good customer base and check their recommendations.
6. Make sure that your service and parts come with guarantees.
Our top three tips:
- Use AGA pots and pans so most of your cooking is done in the ovens and not on the hobs.
- Cook in advance or use slow cook recipes to avoid cooking everything at once.
- Invest in some tender loving care and use an AGA wire brush for stubborn stains, gentle soap filled pads for spills baked onto the enamel, and a damp soapy cloth, followed by a wet cloth, finishing by polishing with a clean dry cloth for the insulating lids and handrail.
All installation work is carried out to an exceptional standard by qualified and registered GAS SAFE and OFTEC engineers. They offer FREE pre-installation site visits, FREE expert advice and FREE quotations.
To book a service please contact www.scuseme.co.uk or call 01223 520373
If you are looking for a recommended AGA repair specialist, a tradesperson or home service expert in Cambridge contact us here